Trail County Flu Shot Clinic
By Kevin Kochmann 1-12-20
Flu activity has elevated in the region, following the holiday break, and for those who haven’t already had their flu shot this winter, Trail District Health in Trail County, will be offering a couple of flu shot clinics this week. Brenda Stallman of Trail District health shares more details.
The flu activity in Trail County has spiked, and it’s spreading, according to Stallman.
Stallman shares why it’s important for everyone to receive their flu vaccination.
Flu shot clinics in Trail county this week include Tuesday at the Mayville Armory and Wednesday in Hillsboro at the Trail County Courthouse. If you need your flu shot, you may also go to your local clinic and schedule the shot, or, many of our area pharmacies offer the vaccination as well. Other tips to avoid catching and spreading the Flu include –
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick or other people if you are sick.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home from school or work for at least 24 hours after your fever has disappeared.
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing. Dispose of the tissue immediately after use.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth without first washing your hands to ensure they are germ-free.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that people come into contact with at work, school, or home.